Do you want to work for a seriously fun (or is that funly serious) award-winning global software company? Are you a forward thinking, agile loving, collaborative full stack developer? Please read on.
PaperCut's print management software is developed locally here in Melbourne, with offices in the US and UK, and partners all around the globe. PaperCut helps over 50,000 businesses in 180 countries cut waste, increase security, and minimise the cost of running their business every single day. Our customers love us because our software is easy to install and it just works.
We’ve experienced dramatic growth in the last 18 months, going from 80 employees to over 150 today. And now we need you.
PaperCut's Internal Systems Team is looking for a talented, multi-skilled developer dedicated to our customer's purchasing experience, and who places an emphasis on technical excellence. The Internal Systems Team works on a variety of systems to support purchasing, licensing, analytics, and data management. This includes both in-house developed tools and popular software products, all deployed and managed in a cloud environment.
Whilst this dev team does not work on our product, the systems and processes created by this team are critical components that contribute to PaperCut's success.
What you'll do…
- You will develop and support in-house systems in several languages (Java, Typescript, Go, and more) and frameworks (Spring, React, Redux).
- You will design systems architecture for a set of microservices on the Google Cloud Platform.
- You will dive into dev-ops by extending and supporting our team’s Kubernetes cluster, which hosts our build system and a set of supporting systems.
- You will work with other PaperCutters and resellers to seize opportunities and architect solutions.
- You will configure, support and integrate various software systems.
What you've got…
- You have a knack for identifying areas for automation and process improvement.
- You are open to being mentored by the team to improve and grow your skills, and be a mentor to more junior devs.
- You have the ability to communicate with people from technical, non-technical or marketing/sales background.
- You can capture requirements from non-technical people and design and guide solutions to meet their needs.
- You see the bigger picture, ensuring our systems work together to provide a great experience to customers and employees.
- Your organisational and task management abilities are top-notch, you don't lose track of requests or comments.
- You're willing to tackle tasks outside of traditional development for the good of PaperCut and our customers.
- You're curious with a willingness to learn and share knowledge.
- You're confident and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- If you have an active involvement in meetups, stack overflow, blogging or open source projects, that'd be a bonus.
- Hopefully you love coffee, because we have unlimited espresso coffee at our in-house cafe. We’ll even train you to be a barista, as we value quality in everything we do.
- Our Camberwell location is central without being in the city, only a minute's walk from the train station and easily accessible by car. You also get an outstanding view of the city from our shiny new deck.
- You will have access to generous parental leave and flexible working practices.
- There will be plenty of opportunities to focus on your well-being with weekly yoga, meditation, running, and walking groups.
- We love loyalty, and hope that you do, too. PaperCutters get an additional five days annual leave for every five years they spend with us.
- Co-founders Chris and Matt genuinely love sharing success with our people. So each year you'll get a 'share the success' bonus, based on how well we met our company goals.
PaperCut's startup way of thinking keeps our business agile, and we’re wired a little differently to the average corporate. The team is at home in t-shirts and jeans, and stands around the espresso machine rather than a boardroom table, as we live our values of being caring, honest, intelligent and nimble. Our leaders aren’t in offices, instead they work alongside our people with a focus on evolving what makes PaperCut great.
As a company that values diversity and inclusion, and is an equal opportunity employer, PaperCut encourages and welcomes people from all walks of life to apply (even tea drinkers).
Are you ready to become a PaperCutter? If the above description made you stand up, take a deep breath, and look to the horizon thinking “That’s me!”, we look forward to receiving your application shortly. Be sure to tell us how you like your coffee (or tea), too.